The following information is provided to assist Project Directors with meeting the contractual obligations of grants awarded by the Western Center. Sections are provided for Funding Acknowledgement and Logo Requirements, Invoicing, Budget Revisions, Results Verification -Measuring Producer Outcomes, and Change of Project Director. Please contact the Western Center with any questions regarding this information.
2021 Project Director Orientation
Results Verification – Documenting Risk Management Outcomes through Performance Measures
- Pages 1-5 – Using an ERME application and the logic model to identify solid outcomes
- Page 6 – The Art of Asking the Right Questions
- Pages 7-15 – Sample evaluations and sample outcome/impact report
- Pages 16-53 – Conducting Market Research Using Primary Data (Provides info on survey strategies including questions, rating and analysis)
- Pages 54-60 – Program Evaluation with Internet Resources
Funding Acknowledgement and Logo Requirements
The Western Extension Risk Management Education Center at Washington State University partners with USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) to administer award funding.
The regulations governing the use of these federal funds require that the following acknowledgement of support – and the two logos noted below – must be utilized on all promotional materials, presentations, media releases, and project materials developed for programming funded by this grant:
- Statement for 2021 Awards:
This material is based upon work supported by USDA/NIFA under Award Number 2018-70027-28587.
Both the USDA-NIFA logo and Western Extension Risk Management Education Center logo must be used on all printed materials, including those produced in electronic format. Please utilize whatever size best fits your printed/electronic material.
- To use the NIFA logo, please visit: Official NIFA Identifier and use the identifier “as-is” (refer to the webpage for specific details on formats).
- To use the Western Center logo, right click on the the logo below and “Save As” to your desktop or other file.
- General Invoicing
All invoices must correlate with your plan of work and follow the budget and budget narrative that was set forth in your application.
Invoices must be emailed, no more often than monthly, to the Financial Contact referenced in Attachment 3 of your Subaward Contract (see also 2018 Subaward Attachment 4 below). Waiting until the end of a project to submit a single invoice could result in payment being delayed or withheld if there is lack of sufficient documentation to support the budget allocations that correlated with your plan of work. When interim Progress Reports are due, you may be asked for a summary of expenditures to date if you have not submitted an invoice during the quarter.
A Final Invoice must be emailed at the end of your project to the Financial Contact referenced in Attachment 3 of your Subaward Contract at SPS@WSU.EDU (see also 2020 Subaward Attachment 4 below). The invoice should:
- Be printed on your organization’s letterhead.
- Be made out to “Washington State University”.
- Identify your project’s name and WSU subaward number.
- Itemize your programming costs.
- Include copies of receipts for your expenses.
- WSU Subaward Attachment 4 EXP
- Final Report
Please contact the Western Center for consultation if you believe that a revision to your approved budget may be necessary.
Change of Project Director
The Project Director is responsible for the entire project. This includes project management, subcontracting, funds oversight, meeting project time schedules, reporting progress and submitting the final report. A change in project director designation requires approval from the Director of the Western Center. The existing Project Director must send a letter to the Center Director requesting the change. Additionally, the newly designated Project Director must provide a letter which states his/her qualifications for assuming the responsibilities associated with the project and willingness to do so.
The signed and dated letters must be written on the letterhead of the Project Director’s organization and addressed to: Shannon Neibergs, Western Center, Washington State University Extension, 222 N Havana, Spokane WA 99202
Failure to notify the Center of a change in Project Director designation could result in payment being withheld and/or de-obligation of any unexpended funds remaining under the grant.