FUNDING OPPORTUNITY NOW CLOSED– Risk Management Education for Producers Underserved by Crop Insurance
2021 Underserved RFA Timeline:
- November 19, 2020 – Submission Deadline
- February 12, 2021 – Award Notification
- April 1, 2021 – Start Date for Funded Projects
2021 Applicant Webinar Recording
2021 Applicant Webinar Presentation (pdf)
The Western Extension Risk Management Education Center (Western Center), in conjunction with the Northeast, North Central and Southern Centers, announce a funding opportunity for projects that help farm and ranch families succeed through targeted risk management strategies. The maximum amount of requested funding shall not exceed $100,000.
2021 ERME Western Center Underserved Request For Applications (RFA)
Online Application System and Registration: The online application system includes a user-based access within the Results Verification System (RVS). To register your proposal in the Results Verification System (RVS), click here. Select “Register” and enter information to create a new account. You will receive an email registration confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder. Click on the link in the email to complete your registration.
Login: After registration, or if you already have an existing account, log in to the Results Verification System (RVS) using your email address and password which will take you to “My Projects”. To begin a new Proposal, select “Start New Application” and then “Western ERME” under All Available Funding. Instructions for each section of the application may be accessed by clicking on the orange tab labeled “Instructions” located in the upper right portion of each page of the application. Multiple users may be given access to your project by entering their email address. This is explained in detail in the “Project People” section of the Application Tutorial.
Budget Detail & Indirect Cost Limitation – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Requested funding amount must be the same in the budget, budget narrative and on the ERME Cover Sheet (SF 424).
- Make certain that the person(s) in your organization with budget expertise carefully review all aspects of your budget detail for consistency; in particular that the amounts listed in each section of the budget match what is listed in the correlating sections of the budget narrative.
- If you intend to include sub awards or consultant services as part of your funding request, the required documents must be submitted as part of the proposal submission. Follow the instructions as provided in the RFA and Appendix A of the RFA for uploading these documents into the online application system.
Section 1462(a) and (c) of the National Agricultural Research, Extension, and Teaching Policy Act of 1977 (NARETPA) limits indirect costs for the OVERALL award to 30 percent of Total Federal Funds Awarded (TFFA) under a research, education, or extension grant or the grantee’s Federally Negotiated Rate, whichever is less. The cap applies to the prime recipient and all sub-awardees. Please be aware that when IDC for the recipient and all sub-awardees are totaled, they must not exceed 30% of the TFFA (or 42.857 percent of total direct costs). If your organization does not have a federally negotiated indirect cost rate, an F&A rate of 10% Modified Total Direct Cost (MTDC) will be allowed.
Any questions regarding the budget may be directed to Jo Ann Warner, Associate Director at 509-477-2168.
Project Director Training – Details will be shared following the award announcements.
If you are unsure if you can meet the eligibility criteria for an organization as it relates to the requirements for Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards – specifically 2 CFR, Part 200 (RFA – Appendix A), please do not hesitate to call us.
There are proposal resources which can help you develop and write a successful proposal. You are encouraged to use these tutorials and the “Introduction to Risk Management” which can lead you through the development and identification of a stronger set of participant results/outcomes, as well as to strengthen your program delivery, should your proposal be funded. Do take the time to read “Documenting Success through Performance Measures” – a short article tutorial on how to plan and design your program; which includes a solid rational for your effort and how you intend to measure the achievement of producer results across the life of the project.
- 2021 ERME Western Center Underserved (RFA)
- ERME Proposal Resources
- Documenting Success through Performance Measures
- 2021 Applicant Webinar Recording
- 2021 Applicant Webinar Presentation (pdf)
- Introduction to Risk Management
- RME Unique to Amer Indians Findings 12-17
- Tribal MOU Development (pdf)
- RME for Hispanic Farmers and Ranchers (pdf)