Extension Risk Management Education Competitive Grants Program
The Western Center hopes to be able to announce the next round of funding for Extension Risk Management Education projects in September for projects that run from April 2016 through September 2017.
2016 RFA Timeline:
- Mid-September 2015: RFA Announcement/Full-Proposal application
- October 2015: Western ERME Proposal webinar, TBA
- Mid-November 2015: Proposals due online at 5:00 PM CST
- February 2016: Notification to award recipients
- April 1, 2016: Award year begins for educational awards
- Grant recipient orientation workshop TBA
Indirect Cost Limitation – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Indirect costs on awards including subawards made by USDA, NIFA funding under this program may not exceed the lesser of the institution’s official negotiated indirect cost rate or the equivalent of 30% of the total Federal funds awarded.
The 30% total Federal funds limitation is equivalent to 42.857% of the total direct costs of an award.
Any questions regarding the indirect cost portion may be directed to Esther Tate, Fiscal Officer/Management Analyst at 509-335-6885.
There are proposal resources which can help you develop and write a successful proposal. You are encouraged to use these tutorials and the “Introduction to Risk Management” which can lead you through the development and identification of a stronger set of participant results/outcomes, as well as to strengthen your program delivery, should your proposal be funded.
Click here to view: 2015 Grant Application Webinar
- a) 2015 Western Center Request for Applications (RFA)
- b) Applicant Webinar Recording URL:
- c) ERME Proposal Resources (Note** Depending on your browser setting, it may be necessary to “refresh” the page or press F5 to view all of the current Proposal Resources.)
- d) RME for Native American Farmers and Ranchers
- e) Introduction to Risk Management
***The Center Staff is available to field questions arising from the application process.***