Extension Risk Management Education Competitive Grants Program
The Western Center for Risk Management Education (Western Center), in conjunction with the Northeast, North Central and Southern Centers, announces a funding opportunity for projects that help farm and ranch families succeed through targeted risk management strategies. The maximum amount of requested federal funding shall not exceed $50,000,
Stage One Pre-Proposal – OPEN
How To Apply?
- 2014 Request for Applications: Download the 2014 RFA and read carefully. The RFA is the binding document on application instructions. It is very important that you read and follow all of the instructions in the RFA.
- Online Application System: The new online application system includes a user-based access within the Results Verification System (RVS). In the new system, after registration and upon login, all of your projects will be displayed on the “My Projects” page. Multiple users may be given access to your project by entering their email address. This is explained in detail in the “Project People” section of the Pre-Proposal Tutorial.
- Pre-Proposal Tutorial: View the Pre-Proposal Tutorial which has been developed to help applicants prepare a successful Pre-Proposal application, and which provides a full explanation for every item requested in the application.
- Registration: To register your proposal in the Results Verification System (RVS), click here. Select “Register” and enter information to create a new account. You will receive an email registration confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, check your spam folder. Click on the link in the email to complete your registration.
- Login: Login using your email address and password which will take you to the “My Projects” page. To begin a new Pre-Proposal, select “Start New Application” and then “Western ERME” under Active Funding Opportunities.
- Grant Categories: Select the appropriate grant category from the 2 options available, and click the green “Start New Application” button. Then follow the Instructions which are accessible on each page of the application via the orange button.
- Other Proposal Resources: In addition to the Pre-Proposal Tutorial, there are other proposal resources which can help you develop and write a successful proposal. You are encouraged to use these tutorials which can lead you through the development and identification of a stronger set of participant results/outcomes, as well as to strengthen your program delivery, should your proposal be funded.
Regional Risk Management Priorities
This year, the Western Center for Risk Management Education will consider proposals in two categories:
- 2014 Exploratory Projects for planning, development, piloting efforts and/or a smaller producer education program with awards up to $2000 and;
- 2014 Education Projects with awards up to $50,000. (See RFA Section VI. Award Administration Information)
The Center is interested in encouraging proposals which are exploratory in nature to support planning, development, or piloting efforts to initiate new ideas, and/or smaller producer education programs that lead to future proposals addressing a range of farmer/rancher risk management education needs.
2014 RFA Timeline:
- December 12, 2013 – Closing date for Pre-Proposal submission
- January 31, 2014 – Finalists selected to submit Full Proposals
- February 27, 2014 – Full Proposals are due
- May 1, 2014 – Award decisions are announced
- July 1, 2014 – Award contracts are finalized and period of performance begins
Applicant Webinar: Friday, November 8, 2013 – 10:00AM PST
Webinar Presentation: 2014 Grant Application Webinar
***The Center Staff is available to field questions arising from the application process***
|Until you “submit” your Pre Proposal through the online system, you may return to the application website as many times as you wish and continue entering or editing your application. Your Pre Proposal must be submitted electronically through the online application system by Thursday at 5 PM PST, December 12, 2013|